- Former Senior Dietitian from PGIMER, Chandigarh, retired in 2012.
- Past Convener, (Indian Dietetic Association) IDA, Chandigarh Chapter.
- Recipient of Lifetime Achievement Sadhna RND Award for excellence in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics on 10thJan 2022.
- Is member of the National Executive Committee of IDA.
- Past Vice President of IAPEN and past joint secretary of ISPEN.
- Has been associated for almost 3 decades with Pediatric Nutrition at PGI while serving in The Gastroenterology Dept. (20 years) and then the Advanced Pediatric Center (10 yrs) at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Was trained in nutritional management of children with cystic fibrosis from Scotland.
- Was recently certified in dietary management of IBS from Monash University, Austarlia
- Has authored 3 books on Pediatric Nutrition.
- Presently, set up own consultancy by name of Diet for Life at Panchkula, (website – www.diet-for-life.com). Also visiting consultant at various city clinics/nursing homes.
- Is a member of the Review Board of JIDA –Journal of Indian Dietetic Association.
- Life member of – Indian Dietetic Association, Nutrition Society of India, ISPEN, IAPEN, World Congress of Nutrition, IAP Pediatric Nutrition Sub Specialty and Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation India.
- Contributor to health columns of local newspapers from time to time and also involved in nutrition education and awareness programs conducted at various places from time to time.
- Contribute by way of delivering lectures from time to time in various workshops, CNEs and conferences.
- Loves travelling
- Reading (especially health related )
Madhu Sharma RD (Past convener of the Indian Dietetic Association, (IDA)Chandigarh Chapter) is an established registered Dietitian, with a rich experience of more than 32 years of service at the prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. She is now retired and involved with various city Hospitals and Clinicians, offering her valuable services. She also Founder of her own independent Clinic since 10 years and counting, bu name Diet For Life Clinic in Panchkula. She is keen to provide services which are practical and sustainable for life, thereby making ‘quality not quantity’ the motto of her work.
She is qualified with a diploma in Dietetics who holds a post graduate degree (M.Sc.) in Foods and Nutrition from renowned Institutes at Hyderabad and Delhi.
Her main areas of interest are obesity, child nutrition and various nutritional aspects associated with it and gastric and liver disorders.
Besides theses she also deals with Lifestyle Diseases, which comprise commonly prevalent problems of diabetes both in adults and children and cardiac and hypertension in the population.